“I was a press photographer for the parade, walking along the backstreets shortly after it had concluded between 11pm and 11:30pm, we heard a man screaming for repeatedly for help.
Walking over we saw him being restrained by two police officers with another 4 in close proximity, he was repeatedly asking them “What have I done wrong?” which they would not respond, all they would say was “you are under arrest”.
He calling for people walking past to help him and with a large crowd of people began to surround the event. He was struggling and resisting but not aggressively.
The officers told him to stop resisting to which he would reply “why are you doing this I haven’t done anything?.”
The officer “FAIRFIELD LAC 266” then grabbed him by the back of the neck and slammed his head into the stone pavement, as he tried to get up he was then punched multiple times in the head, leaving blood all over the pavement. The crowd of people overlooking screaming at the officer to stop. After seeing that I began filming.
What I found most shocking about this event is that the other officers seem to be aware that the amount of force they are using was completely unmerited and excessive. So they hastily try to force me to stop filming. As a press photographer I knew I was completely within my rights to film police officers in a public space, doing nothing wrong and breaking no laws, so I refused.
You will notice I ask multiple times why I am not allowed to film and what laws am I breaking and receive no response. There were at least 6 officers in the immediate vicinity, the victim was only small and could have easily been restrained by the officers without injury.
Instead they choice to force him into submission by repeatedly punching him and throwing him into the pavement.
You’ll also hear him asking over and over what he has done wrong to which he doesn’t get a response.
Posted on Tuesday, 5 March
Reblogged from: sinkingsouls
Posted by: verycooldude69-deactivated20130
- thommmasdavid likes this
- just-mucking-around likes this
- immortalhellenic reblogged this from paradiso-tropico
- bitchitnis likes this
- whitecanvaseyesguy likes this
- timbushatz likes this
- rosadellalunaaa likes this
- -a- likes this
- antero22 likes this
- paradiso-tropico reblogged this from dur0s
- princess-rosy likes this
- searchingformywings reblogged this from fragyle
- venus-boy-trap likes this
- c0nqured-death reblogged this from fragyle
- calipp0z likes this
- teh-kirbles reblogged this from melangle
- melangle reblogged this from jacargon
- soojoojoo likes this
- stephaniebreeze reblogged this from writedownyourheart
- lotus-flowur likes this
- eyeandclaw likes this
- passmethedreidel reblogged this from hadukenn
- awkwardbanana reblogged this from soblime and added:
- tainico likes this
- calumns reblogged this from boundunbound and added:
- ultraviolet-crystalline likes this
- bratty-cat reblogged this from bloss0mwaves
- tinymonsters likes this
- sarahrobertsss likes this
- the-sound-of-sirens-in-neverland reblogged this from sworn-ln and added:
- flwrbbe reblogged this from shortoflogic and added:
- flwrbbe likes this
- tomato-stained-genes reblogged this from masturgr8
- 6carpileup reblogged this from basilsskite
- of-these-eyelids likes this
- onthe-ninth-cloud likes this
- a-night-with-no-moon reblogged this from fr-angipani
- thenewbohemia reblogged this from boundunbound
- sarahcantsing likes this
- indiahrosej likes this
- ce-que-nous-pensons-nous-deveno reblogged this from paradeofwitches and added:
- unfucking-real likes this
- piiiper reblogged this from fresh-serenity
- v-e-r-s-a-c-e likes this
- all-time-jenn reblogged this from depravedbeings
- l0-r0 reblogged this from fr-angipani
- c0loursandcarousels likes this
- sincerelyjahnay likes this
- steffvannesa reblogged this from fr-angipani
- c-laritea reblogged this from fr-angipani and added: